Oh yeah, thats me whacked, wicked and weird
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Wednesday, August 03, 2011
A dogs tail
Round and round I went, chasing my tail.
The more I chase, the farther it seemed. Day and night, awake and in sleep... I chased that tail.
I was tired without trying. I gave-up before I started. Everything seemed in vain.
One fine day, a thought crossed my head ' What is the point to this chase? The more you get the more you want.'
Now I have stopped the chase
I have dropped myself from the race
No more worthless dreams
I am just high on life as it seems
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Life's tinted glasses
Perspective, the tinted glasses through which we view the world around us. Through one's perspective, a Gondola ride through Venice is a cherishing experience and for another it is an expensive ride in a glorified sewer.
It wasn't languages that divided the people at the Tower of Babel, rather it was the myriad tinted glasses that each chose to receive. The colors, the hues, the textures... the novelty of it all is still stirring the pot of humanity.
You say 'united we stand'. How am I to stand with you when we want to save different worlds?
As colors of a rainbow flowing together in white, our differences can be blend into one mono-toned stillness. But for that one glorious moment, just after the summer rain, our perspectives break out of that stillness as violet, indigo and red.
Come tell me your perspective and let me catch a glimpse of your world.
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
PB: then how come u know its half an hour?
Main: Biological clock
PB: ok, computer time u cant change sorry
Naanu: thu nimmajji [Translaason: Kind regards to your grand mother]
PB: wo kaun hain?
Naandi: Dhanyavad bola
PB: oh, thank you
Friday, June 13, 2008
Lost in Translation
These are samples of some of the mail exchanges in my office, sent by those brave men who have sacrificed language at the altar of science.
- This is for information please. (This is how our IT guys signs off his mails)
- My suggestion is, don't do anything. We have taken the initiation ontime. If anyone want to do anything they would have done it before. Always the person who is taking the responsibility / ownership, only will be on finger. (Need I explain?)
- I am very much thankful to every one who gave me an opportunity to be with the committe. I am very unhappy to inform that I would like to be relieved from the committee w.e.f 16th of August 2007.
- Due to Curation database server down in
, we could not place the order today. (Would it help if it was UP in Beverly ?) beverly
- This has reference to Ingmar e-mail dated May 30th 2008 …
- After your working hours today, please exit from the tool make sure tomorrow morning, you will again login to tool. (Talk about a step-by-setp guide)
- As you aware, now Jag became AE for TP team.
- I can access the full text articles of Science Direct Journal etc which are subscribed by BB. If you have still problem, please let me know. (luckily I did not have any ‘still’ problems that day)
- Please verify for the cell page linked to the reaction and do if necessary corrections are required.
- After completing it, please send me at the earliest by today evening.
- Meeting invite: We can assemble in Training room for discussion of cell page at 9.00 a.m. Today. (I know we can, but should we?)
- Junior Editor's are requested not encourage the oral questions. (Am I back in school?)
- This is to inform you that our colleagues Suchitra and Roopa have delivered a baby boy. (Man, that was scandalous)
- A marriage is a beautiful and mysterious relation wherein your spouse is literally your other half, It is a life commitment, and a life commitment means the prime concern of your life. (This was quoted in a marriage invite… kudos to the couple for going ahead with the mysterious prime concern!)
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
More abstract and imaginative literature is, more popular it becomes. Thats why scientific journals are such a bore!
I have refrained from writing blogs because I barely find time from reading them. Been hooked on this regular dose of snippets of stranger's thoughts and random facts. Can I call it an addiction if I feel like knocking on a bloggers doors and demanding a post if he takes a break from blogging?
This spin city of thoughts and trivia is my window to the world and as long as blogs will be written, readers like me will be hooked... so please write on!
Ode on Blogosphere
If all the trees in all the woods were men,
And each and every blade of grass a pen;
If every leaf on every shrub and tree
Turned to a sheet of foolscap; every sea
Were changed to ink, and all earth's living tribes
Had nothing else to do but act as scribes,
And for ten thousand ages, day and night,
The human race should write, and write, and write,
Till all the pens and paper were used up,
And the huge inkstand was an empty cup,
Still would the scribblers clustered round its brink
Call for more pens, more paper, and more ink.
– Oliver Wendell Holmes, "Cacoëthes Scribendi"Link via India Uncut