Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Practical Love

A very dear friend once told me, that I should be very 'practical' in relationships!
Because, if I am practical and think with my head, rather than let my heart decide, I will not get hurt. He said that all that pain I put myself through is totally unnecessary. Sometimes my head tells me that too... But the romantic fool that I am, never give a damn to these warning signs.

Somehow I believe that relationships cant run on practicality. There wont be any relationships if everyone was practical. Because trying to 'fall' in love would be a very stupid act, then. Why would you willingly do something, which has such a bad reputation, such low success rates and such disastrous results?

OK, Have u ever leapt into the unknown?
Just spread your arms in the air, looked up to the sky, taken that last step of the cliff and leapt into oblivion? Well falling in love is like that. The leap is blind, the leap is impractical, the future is unsure and the past is forgotten. Most often than not that leap ends in a disaster.

But we learn to brush aside our bruises and walk on. Who knows some day we will find someone worthy enough to take a leap for, again.... Hope keeps us impractical fools alive, it keeps us going.

Never stop my friend because one leap went astray.
Learn from each, cos only then you are going to be stronger for the next and remember,
"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."



By the way 'Practical Love' is an Oxymoron!

2 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger X said...

hmmm...
got my thinkin caps on........
hmmmm........
still thinking...

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger L*J said...

Can I borrow that cap?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home