Sunday, February 19, 2006

One Fine Day

I had not written a blog in a long time because I kept telling myself and others too, that I cannot write anything good while I am happy and if I am really happy, then just forget about blogging. But I am ready to take a chance. Let me warn you this blog has a high mushiness quotient, so the hard at heart and cynics beware.

This blog is dedicated to my Jaan, my life, my love Abhi. He walked into my life when I thought I had learnt all of life’s lessons. I was no more a mushy romantic teenager who swooned to MLTR rather I was a head banging rebel. A hardened soul who thought feelings and matters related to the heart are things of fiction and only people who are severely mentally ill or unbelievably lucky find their soul mates.

And then he walked into my life when my world seemed hopeless, like sunshine on a gloomy day, like refreshing rain on a scourging earth, like life itself into an empty ruin of a woman. It was a cold November night when we met to share a beer and I told him something which would make him mine for ever. Only I didn’t know that then. I told him my biggest fear was that the man I am going to marry is never going understand my jokes and we laughed heartily. The night was spent recalling memories and stealing glances. There was magic in the air and I think I saw the moon smile at me.

Since then days and nights were spent at coffee shops, restaurants, streets, pubs and riding around town; exchanging thoughts on life, love, mystery, work, gals-boys and lot of things which weren’t spoken but conveyed none the less.
And then came that eventful night at Pecos, first floor, table 1, 4 pitchers down, two sloshed drunkards trying to outwit each other and in all that chaos revealed their deepest desires; mine was life and his was ‘me’.
THUD!

Then followed days of denial, fears, anguish, loss, recalling painful memories, road blocks, what-ifs, if-nots, why-shoulds and inspite of all my battering my man stuck to his stance and he won. I have never been happier to lose.
On a sparkly Christmas night we said ‘I love you’ and we exchanged our fears for a lifetime promise of love.

Since then life has been on this roller-coaster of fine, better, best and outstanding bliss and happiness; inspite of the distance, time lag and busy schedules. My eyes have lit up with his love, the world is indeed colorful and beautiful, and people truly are friendlier. What’s more our sighs say more than a Shakespearean love story; time and space do not matter while 12 hour conversations pursue across continents, my heart skips a beat every time he smiles. What can I, say I am truly, madly, deeply, absolutely, head over heels in love.

I know our journey has just begun and we have a long way to go, but I am not afraid anymore.

12 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lyn,

I am so happy for you. It's hard to find someone you can like with out any conditions or strings attached to it.You are lucky.

I wish you guys all the blessings from heavan above. Good Luck. Enjoy your life long journey together.

Saj

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Jax said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Jax said...

I am the hard at heart and the cynic you warned in the beginning ;) But that won't stop me from wishing you and Abhi a lifetime of happiness & togetherness!! All ze very besht Lyn. Bega oota haaksu!

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger L*J said...

Thank you Saj, I knew you would be happy for me.
Prayers help and I need all the help that I can get.
Good luck to you too.



Thank you Ajay, that was sweet of you.
And for the record I wasnt refering to you in particular, but thanks for the revelation!! :p

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Deepak said...

sniff!!!
all the very best dudette

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger L*J said...

Thanks a lot Depps

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Chatter Box said...

That was very very sweet and trust me your "sweet smile" romeo still skips a beat often through the day. I assume its all the times he probably thinks of you:)

~Meeta (abhi's pal from java city)

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger L*J said...

That was a pleasant surprise, Meeta. I hope he is smiling thinking about me, if not there's BIG trouble. :D
Jokes apart, you have a nice blog there.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger pr!tz said...

Awwwwwwww!! Lyn! I cry at weddings, I cry for happy moments, and I cry for genera mush!!1 I am doubly happy for you!! I am all teary (for GOD knows what!!)!!!!
Lyn! Lyn! Lyn!!!
*spine crushing hugs!!!*
Am so very truly glad for ya!
hic! Almost drunk on happiness!!!!

Ok.. will scoot before I make a scene out here.. Just want you to know that I am genuinely happy for you. and more so, because I believe in Love. It is really hard to find someone with whom u can be totally yourself. With no pretence. And suddenly Life just unfurls in front of you and all you see is, whether the road is smooth or bumpy... (s)he is with ya..

Gawd, I sound pathetic! I get tongue-tied when I am overwhlemed *need to tell you this, since you have never seen me tongue tied!*

Ok..ok..
Over and Out!

*kichees!*

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

the beginning of romance is the best phase in anyone's life,
njoy the moment...

n yes we wudnt believe in love until it happens to us .

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger L*J said...

@Pritz.
The eternal romantic I request thy perrenial blessings and prayers.

@Swathi.
Love, a reason to smile, lend a hand and dance in the rain.
What would life be without it, right?
I wish you lots of love Swati :)

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger abhinav said...

brilliant brilliant stuff.. and me too one of the cynics in general..
this one is spectacular..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home