Saturday, March 05, 2005

Seabiscuit

Watched Seabiscuit last night and I just have one word to describe this movie, AWESOME. Just awesome.
Here are some reasons why -


George Woolf: "You want to know what I think?"
Charles Howard: "Of course."
George Woolf: "It's better to break a man's leg than his heart."


Tom: "You don't throw a whole life away just because it's banged up a little."

Charles: "Red you can't do it, you'll be crippled for the rest of your life."
Red: "I was crippled for the rest of my life. I got better. He made me better. Hell, you made me better."

Charles: "Our horse is too small. Our jockey's too big. Our trainer's too old. And I'm too dumb to know the difference!"

Charles:"Everybody loses a couple. And you either pack up and go home or you keep fighting!"

Red to Seabiscuit: "Don't stop boy! Don't ever stop!"

Charles: "Well I think we just gave him a chance. Sometimes all somebody needs is a good chance."

Tick Tock: "$100,000? Makes me wanna walk on all fours and put a saddle on my back."

Charles: "See, sometimes when the little guy doesn't know he is a little guy, he can do great big things."

Charles: "You are all here today because this is a horse that won't give up. Even when life beats him by a nose."

Red: "Jesus Christ.I wanna be a horse."
Tom: "You know you're almost big enough."
Red: "That's very funny."

Charles: "Just because we're little doesn't mean we're scared."
Charles: "Oh by the way, the horse doesn't know he's little. He thinks he's the biggest horse out there."

Marcela about Biscuit: "Seems pretty fast."
Tom: "Yeah. In every direction."

Red Pollard: You know, everybody thinks we found this broken-down horse and fixed him. But we didn't. He fixed us; every one of us. And I guess in a way, we kinda fixed each other too.


A must watch guys. This is not just a movie but an experience.
And at the end of the movie if you are really driven to buy a horse, just wait it out!!

Seabiscuit

6 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Varuag said...

well I never saw the movie cause my friends left it mid-way.......Guess the opening is not captivating. Anyways nice blog and een better resolution to blog everyday...................Hoping that the habbit rubs on to me too..........

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger L*J said...

I guess I loved it cos I watched it with no expectations. I'm not good at reviewing movies, thats why did'nt add much abt the movie, but its definitely worth a watch.

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Jax said...

sea biscuit is like salted biscuitta??? slurrrrrrrp!!

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Sue said...

lynate i see a lot of sensitivity in your writing... i say you that know!

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Shrutz said...

LYYYYYYYYYYYNNNNNNNNNN!! hey
Like the second quote... it's what you ought to know, but mostly don't...

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger L*J said...

@Su
me know me no!!

@Shrutz
I agree gal. Yake no blogs nowadays?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home